SKECHERS One World Trade SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT RHODE ISLAND) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Skechers One World Trade Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 10:00AM Eastern Time (EST) and ends Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 8:59PM EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2) ELIGIBILITY: TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN, YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT RHODE ISLAND) AND AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. CONTEST IS VALID FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, EXCEPT WHERE RESTRICTED BY LAW. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: (a) officers, directors, employees and representatives of Skechers USA, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) or Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort (“UO”) or their respective subsidiaries or affiliated companies; (b) persons engaged in, and persons associated with companies engaged in, the development, production, promotion, advertising or running of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”); (c) each of the foregoing persons’ immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), as well as persons living in the same household (whether related or not); and (d) residents of Rhode Island. Any eligible minor must have his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter this Sweepstakes.
3) HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary, and no entry fee, payment or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. You can enter the Sweepstakes by filling out the entry form provided in the Skechers One World Trade VIP Gift Bags and submitting it at the Skechers store located at One World Trade.
Limit: one (1) entry per person. Entry form not transferable.
Any individual who, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, is suspected of submitting more than the allowed number of entries, by any means may be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. The potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she submitted the winning entry form. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her personal or contact information during the Sweepstakes Period.
Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of Sponsor’s receipt of entry. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Each entry submission must be manually filled out or manually key stroked and printed by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive submission of entries will be disqualified.
One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive:
- Two (2) tickets to Meghan Trainor’s September 9, 2016 Concert at Radio City Music Hall; and
- Two (2) meet and greet passes for the concert
- Two (2) pairs of Skechers
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $900.
5) RANDOM DRAWINGS FOR PRIZES/DEADLINE DATES: A random drawing to award the Prize will be conducted from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing for the Prizes will be held at about 10:00AM EST on Friday, August 19, 2016. The random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Entries submitted are only eligible for this Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes, all participants agree that all decisions made by the Sponsor regarding matters relating to the Sweepstakes winners are final.
6) WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: The potential winner will be notified via e-mail. Any winner who does not respond to notification attempts within one (1) business day will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Any winner notification returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor may also require potential Winner to consent to and pass a background check and/or a drug test The potential winner and his/her guest may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility with (where lawful) a liability and publicity release for receipt by Sponsor by the due date indicated in the notification letter. If any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, or if any correspondence is returned as undeliverable without forwarding address, then prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. The Prize awarded must be used for the Meghan Trainor Concert held on September 9, 2016 at Radio City Music Hall or prize will be forfeited. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of the Prize with no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner alone and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All Concert attendees must be at least 18 years of age or have his/her parent’s or guardian’s written permission to attend. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, transportation, incidentals, souvenirs, etc.) are included in the prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. In the event Winner or his/her guest engages in behavior before, during or after the concert that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to send Winner and/or guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Winner and/or guest (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such Winner’s disqualification from the Promotion and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event Winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Winner and/or guest to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Winner and/or guest as a result of such conduct. Sponsor shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the Prize or any other aspect of Prize Winner’s or Guest’s acceptance or use of the Prize.
7) GENERAL: Except as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize is available, nor is any transfer of prize to a third party permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize or prize element of comparable or greater value in their sole discretion. All federal, state or other tax liabilities and fees arising from this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. If winner chooses not to accept the prize in its entirety, another winner will be chosen.
8) CONDUCT: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (which shall be final and binding in all respects). These Official Rules are accessible at https://blog.skechers.com/promotions-and-contests/ throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY USER, ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL WHO DELIBERATELY ATTEMPTS TO INTERFERE WITH OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO DAMAGE THE BUSINESS OR PROPERTY OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE PROMOTION PARTIES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION OR CIVIL LIABILITY TO THE FULL EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes; (f) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of, or participation in any part of, a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (g) any printing, typographical or technical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part.
10) ENTRANT AND WINNER RELEASES: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Sponsor and the Promotional Parties, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees and representatives, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons, property or otherwise which may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, accessing the Sweepstakes page, submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, any possession, use or misuse of any prize, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his or her prize after it has been delivered. Except to the extent otherwise required by law, Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever concerning any prize. Sponsor shall have the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter developed (including without limitation online at www.skechers.com and www.facebook.com/skechers or via Twitter) the name, address, entry, voice, statement, picture or other likeness of the winner, without any additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes, as may be determined by Sponsor.
11) WINNERS LIST: To request the name of the winner, available after September 1, 2016, send an e-mail with subject line: “Skechers One World Trade Sweepstakes” to socialmedia@Skechers.com. Requests received after March 31, 2017 will not be honored.
12) DISPUTES: The Contest is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of NEW YORK, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in NEW YORK, NEW YORK. EXCLUDING PRIZE CLAIMS, If ANY OTHER controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall THEN be resolved by FINAL AND binding arbitration administered by JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in NEW YORK. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in the County of NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
13) SPONSOR: SKECHERS U.S.A., INC. 228 Manhattan Beach Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
You understand that you are providing your information to SKECHERS USA, INC.
© 2016 Skechers U.S.A., Inc. II
Skechers® is a registered trademark of Skechers U.S.A., Inc. II