Skechers® Halloween 2016 GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Skechers Halloween 2016 Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) starts Friday, October 21, 2016 at 9:30AM Pacific Time (PST) and ends Monday, October 24, 2016 at 8:00PM PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2) ELIGIBILITY: TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN, YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. CONTEST IS VALID FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, EXCEPT WHERE RESTRICTED BY LAW. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: (a) officers, directors, employees and representatives of Skechers USA, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies; (b) persons engaged in, and persons associated with companies engaged in, the development, production, promotion, advertising or running of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”); and (c) each of the foregoing persons’ immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), as well as persons living in the same household (whether related or not).
3) HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary, and no entry fee, payment or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. Skechers will share: (a) two (2) flash giveaway posts on Facebook, one (1) on Friday, October 21 and one (1) on Sunday, October 23, asking entrants to comment on the post and say what their little one is dressing up as and to tag two friends, (b) two (2) flash giveaway tweets on Twitter, one (1) on Friday, October 21 and one (1) on Sunday, October 23, asking entrants to tweet Skechers telling us what their dog is dressing up as for Halloween OR share a photo, tagging @SKECHERSUSA and using the hashtag #PetsOfSkechers, and (c) two (2) flash giveaway posts on Instagram, one (1) on Friday, October 21 and one (1) on Sunday, October 23, asking entrants to tell us in the comments what their dog is dressing up as for Halloween OR share a photo, tagging @SKECHERSUSA and using the hashtag #PetsOfSkechers. You can enter the Sweepstakes by:
- Commenting on one or more of the flash giveaway Facebook posts telling us what their little one is dressing up as for Halloween, and
- Tagging two (2) friends in their Facebook comment, or
- Tweeting a message that tells what their pet is dressing up as for Halloween, or
- Tweeting a photo of their pet in a Halloween costume, and
- Tagging @SKECHERSUSA on Twitter, and
- Using #PetsOfSkechers in their tweet caption, or
- Commenting on the Instagram sweepstakes post what their pet is dressing up as for Halloween, or
- Posting an Instagram photo of their pet in costume, and
- Tagging @Skechers in their Instagram post, and
- Using #PetsOfSkechers in their Instagram post caption
Limit: one (1) entry per person, per day, per platform (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
You may instead enter by sending an e-mail that includes your name, e-mail address, phone number and a description or photo of either your carved/decorated pumpkin or what you’re dressing up as for Halloween to the following address: SocialMedia@Skechers.com, with a subject line of “Skechers Halloween 2016 Giveaway”.
Limit: three (3) entries per person, per day via e-mail.
Limit: six (6) total entries per person for the Sweepstakes Period regardless of entry method.
Any individual who, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, is suspected of submitting more than the allowed number of entries, by any means, including, but not limited to, establishing multiple Twitter or Facebook profiles or e-mail accounts, may be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. The name of the person submitting the Sweepstakes entry must be the authorized account holder of such Twitter or Facebook profile and/or e-mail address, otherwise, entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be decided upon by confirming the authorized account holder of the Twitter or Facebook profile or e-mail address which submitted the winning entry at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her Twitter or Facebook profile, e-mail address or postal address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery of entry. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including, but not limited to, entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related Twitter, Instagram or Facebook profiles, e-mail or IP addresses may be blocked.
- For Facebook entries: Two (2) prizes for the Sweepstakes Period, each prize consisting of one (1) pair of Skechers light-up kids shoes of winner’s choice, subject to availability
- For Twitter entries: Two (2) prizes for the Sweepstakes Period, each prize consisting of one (1) pair of Skechers shoes of winner’s choice, subject to availability
- For Instagram entries: Two (2) prizes for the Sweepstakes Period, each prize consisting of one (1) pair of Skechers shoes of the winner’s chose, subject to availability
- An entrant’s first e-mail entry of a day shall be included in the pool of Facebook entries, the entrant’s second e-mail entry on the same day shall be included in the pool of Twitter entries, and the entrant’s third e-mail entry on the same day shall be included in the pool of Instagram entries
Approximate retail value of each Facebook entry Prize: $75.
Approximate retail value of each Twitter entry Prize: $75.
Approximate retail value of each Instagram entry Prize: $75.
5) RANDOM DRAWINGS FOR PRIZES/DEADLINE DATES: Random drawings to award the Prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received before 8:00PM PST on Monday, October 24, 2016. The random drawings will be held at about 8:01PM PST on Monday, October 24, 2016. The random drawings will be conducted by the Sponsor. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Entries submitted are only eligible for this Sweepstakes and are only eligible for the platform on which they are submitted. By entering this Sweepstakes, all participants agree that all decisions made by the Sponsor regarding matters relating to the Sweepstakes winners are final. Results of each prize drawing will be announced at approximately 9:30AM PST on Tuesday, October 25, 2016.
6) WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: The potential winners will be notified by e-mail, phone or by the social media account by which the potential winning entry was submitted, via comment tag or direct tweet, within five (5) business days of the prize drawings. Any winner who does not respond to notification attempts within five (5) business days will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Any winner notification returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Certain terms and conditions may apply to gift cards, see gift card for details. The potential winner (or potential winner’s parent or legal guardian, if potential winner is under 18) may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility with (where lawful) a liability and publicity release for receipt by Sponsor by the due date indicated in the notification letter. If any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, or if any mail is returned as undeliverable without forwarding address, then prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion.
7) GENERAL: Except as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize is available, nor is any transfer of prize to a third party permitted. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of each respective prize winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
8) CONDUCT: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (which shall be final and binding in all respects). These Official Rules are accessible at https://blog.skechers.com/promotions-and-contests/ throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY USER, ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL WHO DELIBERATELY ATTEMPTS TO INTERFERE WITH OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO DAMAGE THE BUSINESS OR PROPERTY OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE PROMOTION PARTIES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION OR CIVIL LIABILITY TO THE FULL EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes; (f) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (g) any printing, typographical or technical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part.
10) ENTRANT AND WINNER RELEASES: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Sponsor and the Promotional Parties, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees and representatives, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons, property or otherwise which may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, accessing the Sweepstakes page, submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby represents that any posts are his or her own and that he or she owns all copyrights in connection with such posts and all persons depicted in such posts have given permission for entrant to submit such posts and grant the rights and releases granted by entrant herein. Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, non-revocable license and right to reproduce, use and/or edit all posts submitted (or portions thereof, including any writings, photographs or drawings) in any manner, including posting or reposting on http://www.skechers.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/SKECHERS?ref=hl or via Twitter or Instagram, and no such posting or other use shall entitle the entrant submitting such post (including any photo) to any compensation of any kind whatsoever. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his or her prize after it has been delivered. Except to the extent otherwise required by law, Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever concerning any prize. Sponsor shall have the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter developed (including without limitation online at www.skechers.com and www.facebook.com/skechers or via twitter) the name, address, entry, voice, statement, picture or other likeness of the winner, without any additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes, as may be determined by Sponsor.
11) WINNERS LIST: To request the names of the winners, available after October 26, 2016, send an e-mail with subject line: “Skechers Halloween 2016 Giveaway Winners” to SocialMedia@Skechers.com. Requests received after May 10, 2016 will not be honored.
12) SPONSOR: SKECHERS U.S.A., INC. 228 Manhattan Beach Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
© 2016 Skechers U.S.A., Inc. II
Skechers® is a registered trademark of Skechers U.S.A., Inc. II