FAN LOYALTY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. CONTEST OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND) AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID IN RHODE ISLAND AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) CONTEST PERIOD: The Fan Loyalty Contest (the “Contest”) starts December 16, 2015 at 9:00PM Pacific Time (PST) and ends June 15, 2016 at 8:59PM PST (the “Contest Period”).
2) ELIGIBILITY: TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN, YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND) AND AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. CONTEST IS VALID FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, EXCEPT WHERE RESTRICTED BY LAW. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest: (a) officers, directors, employees and representatives of Skechers USA, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies; (b) persons engaged in, and persons associated with companies engaged in, the development, production, promotion, advertising or running of this Contest (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”); (c) each of the foregoing persons’ immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), as well as persons living in the same household (whether related or not); and (d) residents of the State of Rhode Island.
3) HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary, and no entry fee, payment or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate in the Contest. Sponsor will award one (1) prize on every 15th day of each month during the Contest Period. Each monthly prize will be awarded to the most engaged entrant on Instagram for the previous month.
The name of the person entering the Contest entry must be the authorized account holder of such Instagram profile, otherwise, entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be decided upon by confirming the authorized account holder of the Instagram profile which was the most engaged at the time of the prize announcement, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her Instagram profile during the Contest Period.
Proof of submission of Instagram post does not constitute proof of delivery. All Instagram posts become the sole property of Sponsor. Each Instagram post must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including, but not limited to, entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related Instagram profiles, e-mail or IP addresses may be blocked.
- Each month during the Contest Period, Skechers shall award one (1) winner one (1) pair of SKECHERS shoes, of the winner’s choosing (subject to availability)
Approximate retail value of each Prize: $75.
5) DETERMINATION OF WINNERS/DEADLINE DATES: Sponsor shall award each monthly prize to the entrant that is the most engaged with @skechers on Instagram during each monthly period (from the 15th day of one month to the 14th day of the following month) during the Contest Period. The most engaged entrant shall be the entrant determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to have the most cumulative:
- Instagram posts featuring a photo of SKECHERS shoes tagged with @skechers,
- Instagram posts featuring a photo of SKECHERS shoes using the #skechers hashtag,
- likes of Instagram posts posted by @skechers and
- comments to Instagram posts posted by @skechers
during each monthly period (from the 15th day of one month to the 14th day of the following month) during the Contest Period. Any post, like or comment (each, an “engagement”) shall only be counted once. Engagements posted during the Contest Period, but after the 14th day of the month, shall be counted towards the following month’s prize. Engagements are only eligible for this Contest and are only eligible for the prize awarded on the 15th day of the month immediately following the date they are posted/submitted. By entering this Contest, all participants agree that all decisions made by the Sponsor regarding matters relating to the Contest winners are final. Results of each prize award will be announced on the 15th day of the month.
6) WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: The potential winners will be notified by e-mail, phone or by the Instagram account determined to have the most engagements within five (5) business days of the prize award. Any winner who does not respond to notification attempts within five (5) business days will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Any winner notification returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Certain terms and conditions may apply to gift cards, see gift card for details. The potential winner (or potential winner’s parent or legal guardian, if potential winner is under 18) may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility with (where lawful) a liability and publicity release for receipt by Sponsor by the due date indicated in the notification letter. If any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, or if any mail is returned as undeliverable without forwarding address, then prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Each entrant may only win one (1) monthly prize during the Contest Period.
7) GENERAL: Except as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize is available, nor is any transfer of prize to a third party permitted. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from this Contest are the sole responsibility of each respective prizewinner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
8) CONDUCT: By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (which shall be final and binding in all respects). These Official Rules are accessible at https://blog.skechers.com/promotions-and-contests/ throughout the Contest Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY USER, ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL WHO DELIBERATELY ATTEMPTS TO INTERFERE WITH OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR TO DAMAGE THE BUSINESS OR PROPERTY OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE PROMOTION PARTIES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION OR CIVIL LIABILITY TO THE FULL EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download any materials in the Contest; (f) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (g) any printing, typographical or technical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part.
10) ENTRANT AND WINNER RELEASES: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release Sponsor and the Promotional Parties, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees and representatives, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons, property or otherwise which may be sustained in connection with the Contest, including without limitation, accessing the Contest page, submitting an engagement or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. By entering the Contest, each entrant hereby represents that any engagements are his or her own and that he or she owns all copyrights in connection with such engagements and all persons depicted in such engagements have given permission for entrant to submit such engagements and grant the rights and releases granted by entrant herein. Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, non-revocable license and right to reproduce, use and/or edit all engagements submitted (or portions thereof, including any writings, photographs or drawings) in any manner, including posting or reposting on http://www.skechers.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/SKECHERS?ref=hl or via Instagram, and no such posting or other use shall entitle the entrant submitting such engagement (including any photo) to any compensation of any kind whatsoever. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his or her prize after it has been delivered. Except to the extent otherwise required by law, Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever concerning any prize, and Sponsor shall have the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter developed (including without limitation online at www.skechers.com and www.facebook.com/skechers or via Instagram) the name, address, engagements, voice, statement, picture or other likeness of the winner, without any additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes, as may be determined by Sponsor.
11) WINNERS LIST: To request the names of the winners, available after April 15, 2016, send an e-mail with subject line: “Fan Loyalty Contest Winners” to SocialMedia@Skechers.com. Requests received after October 15, 2016 will not be honored.
12) SPONSOR: SKECHERS U.S.A., INC. 228 Manhattan Beach Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
© 2015 Skechers U.S.A., Inc. II
Skechers® is a registered trademark of Skechers U.S.A., Inc. II