2017 BOBS From Skechers/Best Friends Animal Society Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. CONTEST OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) CONTEST PERIOD: The 2017 BOBS From Skechers/Best Friends Animal Society Contest (the “Contest”) starts Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 12:01AM Pacific Time (PST) and ends Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 11:59PM PST (the “Contest Period”).
2) ELIGIBILITY: TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN, YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. CONTEST IS VALID FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, EXCEPT WHERE RESTRICTED BY LAW. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest: (a) officers, directors, employees and representatives of Skechers USA, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies; (b) persons engaged in, and persons associated with Best Friends Animal Society and other companies engaged in, the development, production, promotion, advertising or running of this Contest (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”); and (c) each of the foregoing persons’ immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), as well as persons living in the same household (whether related or not). Any eligible minor must have his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter this Contest.
3) HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary, and no entry fee, payment or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate in the Contest. To enter, follow @BOBS_SKECHERS on Instagram and post a picture of you and your dog or cat, tagging @BOBS_SKECHERS and @BestFriendsAnimalSociety and use the hashtag #GiveLoveAdopt. The picture must be in .jpg or.jpeg format, at least 300dpi, and the Instagram profile of the entrant must be public.
You may also enter by sending an e-mail with your name, e-mail address and photo of you and your dog to LetsChat@somethingsocial-la.com with the subject line “Skechers/Best Friends Animal Society Contest Entry”.
Limit: one (1) entry per person.
Entries containing any material that is deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be lewd, explicit, obscene, indecent or otherwise inappropriate for this Contest shall be disqualified. Any individual who, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, is suspected of submitting more than the allowed number of entries, by any means, including, but not limited to, establishing multiple Instagram profiles or e-mail accounts, may be disqualified from participation in this Contest. The name of the person submitting the Contest entry must be the authorized account holder of such Instagram profile and/or e-mail address, otherwise entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be decided upon by confirming the authorized account holder of the Instagram profile or e-mail address which submitted the winning entry at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her Instagram profile or e-mail address or postal address during the Contest Period.
Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery of entry. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including, but not limited to, entries made using any script, macro, bot or Contest service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related Instagram profiles, e-mail or IP addresses may be blocked.
- Three (3) winners will be selected to each receive one (1) pair of BOBS from Skechers shoes customized to display the winning photo (available in women’s sizes 5-11 only).
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $300.
5) SELECTION OF WINNERS: The three (3) winners will be chosen on February 21, 2017 from all eligible entries. Sponsor shall select three (3) winners based on the following criteria:
- Composition of the photograph
- Demonstration of affection between entrant and his/her dog/cat in the photograph
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received as well as the strength of the submission entry. Entries submitted are only eligible for this Contest. By entering this Contest, all participants agree that all decisions made by the Sponsor regarding matters relating to the Contest winners are final.
6) WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: The potential winners will be notified via e-mail. Any winner who does not respond to notification attempts within five (5) business days will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Any winner notification returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Certain terms and conditions may apply to gift cards or online codes, see gift card or e-mail delivering online code for details. The potential winners may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility with (where lawful) a liability and publicity release for receipt by Sponsor. If any required documents are not returned, then prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Prizes shall be created by Sponsor using the winning pictures, which may be cropped, edited and/or altered by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, in order to be printed on the prizes. Sponsor shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any aspect of Prize Winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize.
7) GENERAL: Except as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize is available, nor is any transfer of prize to a third party permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize or prize element of comparable or greater value in its sole discretion. All federal, state or other tax liabilities and fees arising from this Contest are the sole responsibility of the prizewinners. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
8) CONDUCT: By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (which shall be final and binding in all respects). These Official Rules are accessible at https://blog.skechers.com/promotions-and-contests/ throughout the Contest Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY USER, ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL WHO DELIBERATELY ATTEMPTS TO INTERFERE WITH OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR TO DAMAGE THE BUSINESS OR PROPERTY OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE PROMOTION PARTIES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION OR CIVIL LIABILITY TO THE FULL EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download any materials in the Contest; (f) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of, or participation in any part of, a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (g) any printing, typographical or technical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part.
10) ENTRANT AND WINNER RELEASES AND REPRESENTATIONS: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release Sponsor and the Promotional Parties, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees and representatives, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons, property or otherwise which may be sustained in connection with the Contest, including without limitation, accessing the Contest page, submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. By entering the Contest, each entrant hereby represents that any submissions/posts are his or her own and that he or she owns all copyrights in connection with such submissions/posts and all persons depicted in such submissions/posts have given permission for entrant to submit such submissions/posts and grant the rights and releases granted by entrant herein. Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, non-revocable license and right to reproduce, use and/or edit all submissions/posts submitted (or portions thereof, including any writings, photographs or drawings) in any manner, including posting or reposting on http://www.skechers.com/ or via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and no such posting or other use shall entitle the entrant submitting such submissions/posts (including any photo) to any compensation of any kind whatsoever. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his or her prize after it has been delivered. Except to the extent otherwise required by law, Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever concerning any prize. Sponsor shall have the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter developed (including without limitation online at www.skechers.com or via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) the name, address, entry, voice, statement, picture or other likeness of the winner, without any additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes, as may be determined by Sponsor.
11) WINNERS LIST: To request the name of the winner, available after February 15, 2017, send an e-mail with subject line: “Skechers/Best Friends Animal Society Contest Winners List” to LetsChat@somethingsocial-la.com. Requests received after August 15, 2017 will not be honored.
12) DISPUTES: The Contest is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California. EXCLUDING PRIZE CLAIMS, If ANY OTHER controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall THEN be resolved by FINAL AND binding arbitration administered by JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in California. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in the County of Los Angeles, California. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
13) SPONSOR: SKECHERS U.S.A., INC. 228 Manhattan Beach Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
© 2017 Skechers U.S.A., Inc. II
Skechers® is a registered trademark of Skechers U.S.A., In